The Seedstars and Shell Foundation Energy and Mobility Innovation Program 2021
Seedstars and Shell Foundation have joined forces to look for sustainable, scalable and innovative working towards access to energy, sustainable agriculture and mobility through the Energy and Mobility Innovation Program.
Energy and Mobility Innovation Program
The objective of the Energy and Mobility Innovation Program is to support, catalyse and train early-stage (seed) tech startups addressing challenges related to access to energy (household energy, energy for business, energy nexus), sustainable agriculture (value chain innovations improving access to finance, technology, market or knowledge) or sustainable mobility (safe rural and last-mile mobility for people and goods) in Africa.
Selected Startups will receive
Access to a 3-month investment-readiness program that includes:
- Investment-readiness training.
- Group mentoring based on sector.
- 1on1 mentoring with a dedicated expert that has been selected based on individual startup needs.
- Identification by the Shell Foundation for potential funding opportunities.
- Leverage of the human resources and knowledge available within the pro-bono network of the Shell Foundation.
All applications must comply with the following criteria;
- The startup must have an existing solution with less than 4 years of existence (average 2 y.o.)
- Must act within the following sectors: Mobility, Transportation, Energy, & Agriculture
- Must be an early-stage startup (seed stage with an MVP – minimum viable product)
- Must have operations based in Africa
- Must show initial traction and/or be generating revenue
- Have raised less than $1M USD in investment to date
How to Apply
Applicants that want to boost their impact on African communities and make agriculture, mobility and energy industries more sustainable are encouraged to follow the link below to apply;
Deadline: 20th December 2020