Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2018 (For African Developers)
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge is a pan-African innovation competition and start-up partnership offering by Ecobank. It is designed to inspire, support and partner African start-ups and developers, with an aim to facilitate the development of innovative “FinTech” and banking related solutions.
Developers, programmers and fintech innovators all over Africa are joining forces with Ecobank, the continent’s biggest banking ecosystem to transform finance through technology and innovation.
Ecobank is challenging Africa’s new generation of entrepreneurs to find lasting solutions to the continent’s most pressing banking issues. Submit entries in one or more of the Ecobank Fintech Challenge key areas of interest for your chance to Partner Ecobank and Grow your Start-Up!
The competition’s goal is to showcase and collaborate with the most promising fintech start-ups from across the continent and support them through commercial partnerships to grow and scale into successful pan-African and global businesses.
Ecobank Fintech Challenge teams are to submit applications addressing one or more of the following challenges
- Digital Onboarding/ Account Opening/ Know- Your-Customer Technology
- Digital Sales/Marketing
- Offline Mobile-to-Mobile Payments
- Multi-Channel Payments/Collect Ecosystems
- SME Intra-African Trade Platform
- Any other Fintech solution
Benefits of Ecobank Fintech Challenge
- Competition Cash prizes: the three top winners at the Innovation Fair will be awarded $10,000, $7000, and $5000 cash prizes respectively.
- Multinational product rollout: once in a lifetime opportunity to launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa through strategic partnership.
- Service provider partnerships: start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as a pan-African service partner within Ecobank’s giant 36 country ecosystem.
- Mentoring and networking support: founders will be conferred as Ecobank Innovation Fellows for a period of one year, granting them access to networking and mentoring opportunities within the Ecobank Group and its vast network of global and African partners.
How to Apply
Ecobank is currently welcoming submissions from all startups and developers in any of Africa’s 54 countries, follow the link below to apply for a slot.
Deadline: 23rd May 2018