The East Africa Acumen Fellows Program 2019
Every year, the East Africa Acumen Fellows Program equips 20 extraordinary individuals with the knowledge, support system and practical wisdom to drive positive change in society.
Over the course of a year, Fellows remain in their jobs while taking part in five week-long seminars, where they receive the tools, training, and space to innovate new ideas, accelerate their impact, build a strong network of social leaders from across their region and around the world.
Acumen Fellows Program in East Africa brings together the best and brightest of the region’s emerging entrepreneurs, innovators and change agents. From Uganda to Ethiopia, our applicants represent a wide diversity of cultural, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
East Africa Acumen Fellows Program
Through Acumen’s five in-person seminars and virtual content in-between seminars, twenty Fellows build and test new leadership skills within their cohort. This cohort-based learning model creates deep bonds of trust and fellowship, relationships that persist long beyond the first year and that Fellows utilize to create greater impact. Fellows equipped with the knowledge, support systems, and skills to challenge the status quo, work across lines of difference and mobilize their communities. These fully-sponsored, one-year programs are designed to improve participants’ capacity to innovate and drive change while allowing them to remain in their full-time jobs.
The Fellows we seek are:
- Founders, Entrepreneurs, Intrapreneurs, Policy Makers, Movement Builders Innovators
- Men and women of all ages and education levels who are able to participate in a program conducted in English.
- East Africans who have a demonstrated history of impact, commitment and concrete connection to the region.
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance, and moral imagination.
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey followed by an induction into the larger Fellows Community.
Acumen covers all program-related expenses during the fellowship year. This includes all costs associated with the seminars including lodging, food, transportation, and visas.
How to Apply
To apply for the East Africa Acumen fellows program follow the link below;
If you still have questions after reading the FAQs, you may email email@example.com.
- Please complete this application in English
- Fields marked with an * are required
- You will not be able to exceed the word limits suggested
- It is strongly recommended that you compose your essays in a word processor with a character count feature
- You will not be permitted to make changes to the application once you have submitted, so please double check your work
Deadline: 9th September 2018