East African Community Logo Design Competition for Youth (Win $25,000)
In view of the recent enlargement of the East African Community (EAC) following the admission of the Republic of South Sudan, the EAC Secretariat now invites youths between the age of 18 years and 35 years to participate in a regional competition to design the new Emblem and 10 logos for the East African Community Organs and Institutions.
The East African Community has two different strategic visual symbols; the EAC Flag and Logo (the Logo is also part of the Flag). These have different dominant colors. The Logo has green as its dominant color while the Flag has blue as the dominant color. This has led to an inconsistent corporate color scheme for EAC and resulted in some communication materials sometimes being designed with a dominant blue shade or dominant green shade demonstrating the need to have a clearly defined official corporate color for the East African Community.
Current Brand Architecture Gaps
- Lack of a visual connection between Organs and Institutions
- Some East African Community Institutions have adopted the EAC logo as their primary logo whilst others have acquired their own unique logos
- Too many colors in the East African Community flag and logo
- The logo is not adaptable to the expansion of the Community
- Lack of a common unique identifier for all Organs and Institutions and
- Two different visual identity symbols; the flag and the logo
Evaluation and Selection Process
- A Committee comprising of representatives from all East African Community Partner States and Design Experts will judge the concepts submitted.
- The Designers of the shortlisted concepts will be invited to make formal presentations to
the review panel. The final decision will be announced following the decision of the EAC
Council of Ministers and the Summit of the EAC Heads of State.
- All artwork must be original and all rights to the designs selected shall be finally vested
to the EAC Secretariat upon receipt of the award.
- Youth (s) aged between 18 years and 35 years from the East African Community Partner States;
- Organizations formed and owned by youth (s); or
- EAC youth (s) living in the diaspora
EAC Logo & Emblem Awards
- First Prize Award USD 25,000
- Second Prize Award USD 5,000
- Third Prize Award USD 2,500
The competition period will be between 1st June 2017 to 31st August 2017.
Bidders MUST submit their creative works in hard copy and digital forms (email and flash disk).
Digital files must be in their final form of publication and may be saved as JPEG or PNG or PDF formats submitted via email and flash disk. The resolutions should be at least 300 dpi. All submitted work will not be returned.
More Details & Guidelines
Download the East African Community Logo Design Competition details and guidelines on the link below