The EABL Got Skillz Contest 2019 (For Creatives)
Are you a painter, sculptor, sketch artist, fashion designer or a graffiti artist? East African Breweries Limited (EABL) has introduced the Got Skillz Contest for you!
East African Breweries Limited (EABL) is a regional leader in beverage alcohol with an exceptional collection of brands across beer and spirits. The brand began with the creation of Kenya Breweries Limited in 1922 – the year we brewed our first ever beer. Today, their business is concentrated on three core markets of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania, and our products are sold in more than 10 countries in Africa and beyond. They have five production sites across the region and their operations support a range of industries and suppliers.
EABL has a wide portfolio of brands, including beer brands Tusker, Bell and Serengeti and spirits such as Kenya Cane, Uganda Waragi and Smirnoff X1, are enjoyed across East Africa and beyond.
Got Skillz Contest
EABL is looking for someone who can interpret their logo into something that brings out the greatest things about East Africa; Culture, Color and People. The submissions for the Got Skillz contest can be made by individuals or by a group of up to four design artists from East Africa between the ages of 21 and 25 years.
- The winning submission for the Got Skillz contest wins a cash prize of UGX 36 Million, while the second and third placed will each receive a cash prize of UGX 18,000,000 and UGX 10,000,000 respectively.
- These top three winners also get the opportunity to work with a team of talented creative and advertising experts from J. Walter Thompson Kenya (a part of Scangroup) to work on finalising the new EABL logo interpretations.
- A panel of judges will review the Got Skillz contest submissions, judging them on interpretation and clarity of the theme to the artist, creativity and originality of the depicted theme, quality of the artistic composition, overall design based on the theme, and overall impression of the art.
- Submissions will also be judged on their adaptability as a logo and whether the artwork stands on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art plus the ease of adapting the creative idea into a brand identity.
- The top 20 submissions will proceed to the next stage of the competition, a design hackathon guided by the judges. At the hackathon, the finalists will be briefed on key areas to pay attention to as they work on their designs.
- The judges will then pick a winner and two runners-up, who will receive cash rewards and a mentorship session, part of which will be to interpret the final logo into various forms for use by EABL.
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number (format: country-code, tel number)
- Digital copy of National ID Document/Passport (both sides)
- Country of citizenship
- City of residence
- Submission category
- Your logo interpretation (in digital format: image/pdf)
- Your portfolio (in digital format: image/pdf, Max: 5 pieces )
How to Submit
Interested applicants for the Got Skillz contest are encouraged to upload their logo entry plus a portfolio on the platform in the link below;
Deadline: 11th July 2019