The DW International Journalism Traineeship 2019
Deutsche Welle is looking for young people from all over the world interested in their comprehensive, exceptional quality DW international journalism traineeship program.
DW International Journalism Traineeship
The DW international journalism traineeship program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media, and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow, and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize. After the traineeship, the trainees usually continue to work for DW.
- The acquisition of a broad base of journalism skills
- Technology training across TV, radio and online
- Focused seminars delivered by experienced trainers
- Placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- Placement with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe or worldwide
- The chance to produce a larger journalism piece based on your own idea
- A salary paid throughout the traineeship
- The prospect of a DW employment contract upon successful completion of the traineeship.
- Candidates must have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship;
- They must be a native speaker of one of DW’s languages, and excellent English and German skills;
- Completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (they are especially looking for those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics);
- Have basic journalism experience;
- Have content published or broadcast;
- Have a creative mind;
- Be an excellent judge of journalism content;
- Have social media experience;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both within teams and individually
- Strong MS Office skills, basic audio, and video production skills, data skills.
How to Apply
- Follow the link below to create a profile.
- Fill out the form. Then click on “Continue” to answer questions regarding your application.
Deadline: January 11, 2019