Design Without Borders Africa Fellowship 2019
Are you interested in creating change by design? Learn how to use design thinking to transform organisations, communities and inspire local innovation by applying for the Design Without Borders Africa Fellowship today!
Design Without Borders (DwB) is a design and innovation consultancy that uses Human Centered Design practices to address complex challenges faced by organisations, businesses and communities in low and middle-income countries.
Design Without Borders Africa Fellowship
Design Without Borders Africa Fellowship consists of hands-on practical experiences in design projects supplemented by interesting lectures and talks by experienced DwB staff.
The three-month curriculum is split into three major projects that aim to expose the participants to a wide array of design disciplines and processes. Participants in the fellowship engage in all stages of the design process and have the chance to showcase their design prowess in various disciples.
Participants deepen their understanding with Human Centered Design (HCD), aesthetics, design history, ergonomics and production method to name a few.
At the end of the three months fellowship, outstanding candidates are selected and hired to join the Design Without Borders team as full-time designers.
- Weekly stipend to cater for meals and transport will be availed.
- Full medical coverage (For candidates eventually selected to join the team as full-time employees)
- Opportunity to work with passionate designers problem solving for change on a daily
- A chance to design and create the change you want to see in the world
- Fellowship participants must have earned a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in design, architecture, industrial design or any other related fields.
- Good experience with the design process and exhibit a high level of critical thinking, creativity and a great team working abilities.
- Ugandans and all other African nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Design Without Borders is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Deadline: 25th June 2019