The Culture at Work Africa 2019 Call for Proposals
The second call for proposals from Culture at Work Africa seeks to support innovative on-the-ground projects aiming at developing safe and neutral spaces for intercultural dialogue and to promote active citizenship and inter-community relations.
Eligible projects will seek sustainable outputs and will foster multi-stakeholder national and transregional cooperation, inclusive societies, cultural diversity and equal dignity for all.
- Lot 1: Projects aimed at enhancing public or private cultural spaces as “safe places” for intercultural dialogue by stakeholders active in the public sphere (e.g. organisations active in the social, educational or environmental fields, youth and cultural centres, schools, universities, libraries, local authorities, etc.).
- Lot 2: Transnational projects aimed at strengthening institutional and professional capacities in intercultural mediation of cultural organisations and operators for social cohesion.
Grants requested under this call must be submitted according to the following minimum and maximum amounts per lot:
- Lot 1: minimum 20.000,00 EUR and maximum 45.000,00 EUR
- Lot 2: minimum 30.000,00 EUR and maximum 60.000,00 EUR
- The indicative amount available for the 2 lots is 900,000.00 EURO.
- For Lot 1: the applications must involve at least two partners: one of the partners shall act as lead applicant and the other(s) as co-applicant(s).
- For Lot 2: the applications must involve at least two partners from at least two different eligible countries. One of the partners shall act as lead applicant and the other(s) as co-applicant(s).
- For both lots, the lead applicant and the co-applicant(s) must be an organisation legally registered in one of the 15 eligible countries and active in the cultural, education and cultural mediation sectors.
- Other things being equal, priority will be given to civil society organisations, local governments and other organisations active at the local level.
- The lead applicant must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project proposal with its partners and not act as an intermediary.
- Lead applicants must have a valid bank account registered under their legal name.
- Applications must be submitted in English or French.
- Applications must specify, in the Budget Form submitted as part of the full application, that 13% of the grant is for mobility, capacity building and/or networking activities, to cover the costs related to the compulsory attendance, of minimum two representatives of each granted project, to training and peer-to-peer activities organised and coordinated by Culture at Work Africa throughout the project implementation.
- Applications must include, in the Budget Form submitted as part of the full application, the cost of an external audit (expenditure verification) of the project proposal and must forecast a maximum of 5% of the total budget to this end. However, the costs for the external audit cannot be less than 1,500.00 EURO.
For the purpose of this call, applications are eligible when presented by organizations (not-for-profit / profit; public/private) legally registered in one of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Before filling in this application form, please read carefully the 2nd Call Guidelines in the link below. Fields marked with the asterisk (*) sign are mandatory. Your application cannot be submitted if any of these fields are left empty. Please adhere to the stated minimum and
Any question related to the application may be sent by e-mail
Deadline: 15th April 2019