The Creative Enterprise Programme 2019 (In Kenya & Ethiopia)
In October and November 2019, the British Council in partnership with Nesta (the UK’s innovation Foundation) will deliver the Creative Enterprise Programme in Ethiopia and Kenya with other East African countries welcome to attend.
The Creative Enterprise Programme
The Creative Enterprise Programme is designed to support entrepreneurs who are already in the process of setting up their own creative enterprise. The workshop content and activities are relevant to people whose businesses are up-and-running and those who are in the very early stages.
It’s suitable for people just starting out and for people who have been running a business for a long time, to take a fresh look at their business using new methods.
- The programme will deliver a four-day workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 17- 21 October 2019. They are looking for creative entrepreneurs across all art forms, who are driven by a mission to create and sustain social value through their creative enterprise. Whether you are in architecture, digital arts, visual or performing arts, fashion, music or film. They are looking for all creatives with a social impact.
- The programme will deliver a four-day workshop in Nairobi, Kenya from 29 November – 03 December for those working across fashion and Film (this can include all creatives working across fashion, textiles, design, accessories, footwear, millinery and across Film, TV and radio.
The Creative Enterprise Programme is available for creative entrepreneurs from Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda to attend this four-day workshop.
All participants of the Creative Enterprise Programme must:
- Be a creative business, working in the relevant creative industry – architecture, digital arts, visual or performing arts, fashion, music or film, textiles, design, accessories, footwear, millinery and across Film, TV and radio.
- Have an already established enterprise or be in the later stages of developing an idea. This is typically a business no more than two years old but can be a more established business wishing to pause and consider their model through the CEP lens
- Be willing to share their knowledge and experience with the group in an open, supportive peer lead learning environment
- Come prepared to work on their business/idea, to progress through the programme, considering peer feedback, to strengthen their proposition
- Be open to supporting fellow participants in developing their idea by providing constructive feedback when appropriate
- Be available for the full duration of the programme.
How to Apply
Deadline: 15th September 2019