The Commonwealth Youth Awards 2020
Are you a young change-maker that’s creating developmental changes in society? Do not miss out on the opportunity to nominate yourself or a youth leader working on achieving the 17 SDGs in your community.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 53 independent and equal sovereign states and helps to strengthen governance, build inclusive institutions and promote justice and human rights. Their work helps to grow economies and boost trade, empower young people, and address threats such as climate change, debt and inequality.
The Commonwealth Youth Awards
The Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work celebrate the contribution of young people to achieving global development goals.
The awards showcase the work of outstanding young people who are leading initiatives ranging from poverty alleviation to peacebuilding. Development work can be within any number of areas, such as skills training, arts and culture, environment protection, education, health and well-being, human rights, technology, sport, science and many more areas.
The Commonwealth Youth Awards nominees must be:
- aged 15 to 29 years;
- a citizen of a Commonwealth member country;
- been engaged in development work for more than 12 months – either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- have a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and linking their development work and its impact on one of the 17 SDGs;
- have demonstrated an understanding of the importance of youth engagement in key areas of development.
Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who is not a relative and who can testify to their work.
- The 2020 finalists will receive a trophy, a certificate and cash grants to help them continue their development work.
- All finalists will be awarded £1,000. Each selected regional winner will receive an additional £2,000, bringing their total win to £3,000. The Commonwealth Young Person of the Year will also receive an additional cash grant of £2,000, bringing her/his total award to £5,000.
How to Nominate
Follow the link below to nominate yourself or someone you know;
Deadline: 30th October 2019