The Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards 2021
The Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards recognises and celebrate the contributions that innovators in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors are making in advancing the sustainable development goals in Commonwealth countries.
- Each award winner will receive a trophy, a certificate and prize money of £3,000.
- Award winners will receive ongoing support for their work and may also be invited to participate in high-level forums such as the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, Commonwealth Business Forum and Commonwealth Games.
Three awards will be given in each of the following five categories:
- Improve the well-being of Commonwealth PEOPLE
- Improve PROSPERITY in the Commonwealth
- Protect the PLANET and the natural environment in the Commonwealth
- Promote PEACE and justice in the Commonwealth
- Promote PARTNERSHIPS for development in the Commonwealth.
There will be three award winners in each of the five categories, adding up to a total of 15 winners. In each of the five categories, one winner will be selected from the public sector (national/regional/local government), one winner from will be from civil society/not-for-profit sector and one winner will be an entrepreneur or a private sector company.
- Nominees can be individuals, groups or teams, organisations, companies, charities or government ministries / departments / agencies.
- Nominees must be directly engaged in developing their innovations, either in a full-time, part-time or voluntary capacity.
- Nominees must be Commonwealth citizens, governments or public sector organisations in Commonwealth countries, private enterprises based in Commonwealth countries or civil society / not-for-profit organisations based in Commonwealth countries.
- Nominated innovations must be able to demonstrate impact or potential in achieving progress on one or more of the 17 SDGs in a Commonwealth country (or countries).
- Nominees must be willing to take part in Commonwealth-supported activities and initiatives related to the Commonwealth Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards.
The winners will be selected by an independent and eminent panel of judges appraising them on:
- Level of achievement, impact or demonstrable potential of innovation to advance sustainable development in one or more Commonwealth countries; strategy, business/delivery plan and impact evaluation/results measurement framework
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem-solving
- Quality of achievement and impact
- Quality of the evidence and supporting documentation provided.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards are encouraged to follow the link below;
Deadline: 31st January 2021