CEED Uganda’s Virtual Technology and Education Internship 2021
In 2020, as COVID-19 pandemic disrupted economies and activities across the globe, CEED had to cancel their regular internship including travel to Uganda. However, they strongly believe that internships are an important and enriching part of students’ university experience as they provide students with real-world experience, facilitate meaningful connections and build key skills that will support them in pursuing their careers.
CEED Uganda’s Virtual Technology and Education Internship
In 2021, they have decided to adapt their program to the current context by offering a virtual internship program that would fulfil their mandate to provide students with a valuable international learning experience, by incorporating them into a multi-cultural virtual workplace.
CEED Concordia interns, in partnership with CEED Uganda interns, will develop and facilitate practical workshops for high school students in Gulu, that improve basic skills in Microsoft such as Excel and Word and introduction to coding. The aim is also to contribute to leveraging new technologies in the benefit of teenagers’ education and personal development.
The program is designed for tech-savvy University students with:
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office
- Proficiency in coding/programming
- Ability to explain ICT in a clear and concise way
- Creativity & attention to detail
- Ability to work and meet deadlines
- Cultural sensitivity
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team environment
The internship program will take between 5-15 hours per week depending on project requirements and whether they take this project for University credits/reports or not.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for CEED Uganda’s Virtual Technology and Education Internship are encouraged to follow the link below;
Deadline: 12th January 2021