The Budget Youth Literacy Challenge 2019
The Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG) presents once again their annual Budget Youth Literacy Challenge, an opportunity for young people to contribute to planning and budgeting process of public resources for promoting a people-centred budget that dignifies humanity.
CSBAG is a Ugandan nonprofit organization that was founded in 2004 to bring together Civil Society Organizations at national and district levels with the view of influencing government decisions on resource mobilization and utilization for equitable and sustainable development.
The Budget Youth Literacy Challenge
CSBAG believes that by working together, they can create comprehensive and inclusive solutions to address Uganda’s budget shortfalls. The Budget Youth Literacy Challenge works to bring youth aged 17 to 30 years together to find and implement sensible, long-term solutions for a strong, healthy economy that transcends age, party lines, and ideological divides in order to achieve real results.
The budget youth literacy challenge requires youth to compose and send a skit, poem or cartoon about the national budget.
- Must be between 3-5mins.
- Maximum of 5 people “Actors” involved.
- The skit must not have professional Actors.
- Should focus on the theme of the “Inclusive Budget”.
- Must be an original composition if not in English, there should be a subtitle.
- Must be an Original Composition, highlighting the key components of an inclusive Budget.
- Must be between 500 – 1000 words.
For Art pieces/Cartoons
- Must be an Original piece Should be able to communicate about an inclusive Budget.
- Can be Fine art, Pencil Drawing or an illustration.
- Through a panel of judges, one winner per category will be selected and this event will be broadcast live on National Television.
- The finalists will be mentored on planning and budgeting.
The budget youth literacy challenge winner under each category will stand a chance to win as follows;
- For the poem, skit and cartoon winning submissions, the prizes are UGX 1M, UGX 1.5M and UGX 1M respectively.
- The selected winners per category will also be hosted at CSBAG offices for a period of one week under the Participatory Budget Mentorship program.
- Winners will also have an opportunity to present their winning challenge to the Ministry of Finance that is in charge of enforcing Inclusive budgeting in Uganda.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for budget youth literacy challenge should submit their skit, poem or Art to CSBAG offices or via email@example.com with the subject line; 2019 Mr Budget Challenge.
Thereafter, CSBAG will spend 1 week reviewing the submissions and shortlisting the best candidates and in that week the qualified candidates will be shortlisted for presentation to a panel of judges on 19th November 2019. The final award ceremony will be on 28th November 2019.
Deadline: 8th November 2019