AppsAfrica Innovation Awards 2019 (For Mobile and Tech Startups )
The fifth AppsAfrica Innovation Awards, celebrate the best in mobile and tech from across Africa, showcasing the continents best innovations in 14 categories. The awards are open to corporates, established ventures or start-ups who have launched services in at least one African market.
The AppsAfrica Innovation Awards continue to be a leading barometer of innovation from across the continent and provide winners with industry recognition, global publicity, and networking with 300+ industry peers at the Awards party in Cape Town on November 11th on the eve of AfricaCom. Winners are also invited to the 3rd Africa Tech Summit Kigali 2020 to join tech leaders, corporates, startups, and investors.
Applications are welcome from mobile or technology ventures with services launched in at least one African market for the following award categories;
- Disruptive Innovation Award
- Health Tech Award
- Best African App Award
- Enterprise Solution Award
- Blockchain Award
- News & Entertainment Award
- Educational Award
- Fintech Award
- Agritech Award
- Social Impact Award
- IoT Award
- mCommerce Award
- Changing Africa Award
- Mobility Award
To enter the AppsAfrica Innovation Awards applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants can be start-ups or incorporated companies
- Applications will be accepted from companies who have launched a product or service is at least one African market.
- If the service has not been launched at the time of judging it will be omitted.
- The product or service must address specific African needs as detailed within the specific category
- The applicant’s innovation can be any product or service utilizing any technology
- Applicants must have launched the entry in at least one African market to date
- Applications must be specific and relevant to the category entered
- The applications are judged by an independent panel of judges whose decisions are final
How to Apply
- Submit entries for the award. Entries will be charged $95 per category entered. Start-ups who are less than 18 months old will not be charged subject to approval and can contact AppsAfrica for a discount code.
- Applications will be assessed by a team of expert judges who are selected based on their knowledge, influence, and contribution to the improvement of technology and business in Africa.
To Submit Entries, Click Here
To Contact AppsAfrica for a discount code, Click Here
Deadline: 11th September 2019