AppsAfrica Innovation Awards 2018 (For Mobile and Tech Startups )
Entries are now open for the fourth annual AppsAfrica Innovation Awards which celebrate the best in mobile and tech from across Africa, showcasing the continents most innovative ventures in Cape Town.
AppsAfrica Innovation Awards
The AppsAfrica Innovation Awards celebrate the best in mobile and tech from across Africa, showcasing the continents best innovations in 14 categories. The awards are open to corporates, established ventures or start-ups who have launched services in at least one African market.
AppsAfrica.com is a leading pan-African technology news portal and advisory service, dedicated to delivering the latest insight on mobile, tech, and innovation in Africa. AppsAfrica Advisory provides strategic, tactical and operational Africa advisory services for mobile and tech ventures planning to launch or expand in Sub-Saharan Africa with a team of experienced advisors.
The awards provide winners with industry recognition, global publicity, and networking with 300+ industry peers at the Awards party in Cape Town on November 12th on the eve of AfricaCom. Winners are also invited to Africa Tech Summit Kigali 2019 to join 400+ tech leaders from across the continent.
Applications are welcome from mobile or technology ventures with services launched in at least one African market for the following award categories;
- Disruptive Innovation Award
- Health Tech Award
- Best African App Award
- Enterprise Solution Award
- Blockchain Award
- News & Entertainment Award
- Educational Award
- Fintech Award
- Agritech Award
- Social Impact Award
- IoT Award
- mCommerce Award
- Changing Africa Award
- Mobility Award
To enter the awards applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants can be start-ups or incorporated companies
- Applications will be accepted from companies who have launched a product or service in at least one African market.
- If the service has not been launched at the time of judging it will be omitted.
- The product or service must address specific African needs as detailed within the specific category
- The applicant’s innovation can be any product or service utilizing any technology
- Applicants must have launched the entry in at least one African market to date
- Applications must be specific and relevant to the category entered
- The applications are judged by an independent panel of judges whose decisions are final
How to Apply
- Submit entries for the award. Entries will be charged $95 per category entered. Start-ups who are less than 18 months old will not be charged subject to approval and can contact AppsAfrica for a discount code.
- Applications will be assessed by a team of expert judges who are selected based on their knowledge, influence, and contribution to the improvement of technology and business in Africa.
To Submit Entries, Click Here
To Contact AppsAfrica for a discount code, Click Here
Deadline: 7th September 2018