The Anzisha Prize 2019 (For Africa’s Youngest Entrepreneurs)
The Anzisha Prize seeks to award young entrepreneurs who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to social challenges or started successful businesses within their communities. Only 15 finalists from across Africa win a spot in a lifelong fellowship what will help to accelerate their path to entrepreneurship success.
Anzisha Prize 2019
The first step in this journey is that they win an all-expenses-paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a ten-day long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus on the outskirts of Johannesburg.
The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $100,000 USD. The fellowship continues thereafter, offering them business consulting services to unlock growth potential in their venture, connecting them to a global network of leaders, providing access to global speaking opportunities, and supporting their professional development.
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started a business together). One person can apply for the Prize, on behalf of the team.
- Monetary Reward
ofa shared amount of $100,000
- $2,000 access to a world-renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2,500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- $2,000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1,000 worth of rewards from Regional Indabas across the continent
- Already Running Venture: Is the venture established with customers and beneficiaries? Does the venture deliver value to said beneficiaries and customers?
- Founder-led: Is the venture led and managed by the founder?
- Impact: Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Scalability: If the venture is a for-profit business, does it already earn revenues and does it have potential increase revenues with the support of Anzisha? If the venture is a not-for-profit enterprise, does it already reach beneficiaries and does it have the potential to reach many more beneficiaries with support from Anzisha?
- Job Creation: Has the venture created some jobs and has the potential to create more high-quality jobs?
To be selected as one of our Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate the following 2 qualities:
- Venture leader: Are you the leader of your venture and do you drive both venture strategy and operations?
- Commitment: Do you spend at least 20 hours a week or more on your business and will you continue to do so after selection?
How to Apply
It is time! Anzisha Prize applications are open! It’s a simple application so why not get right to it.
Send any questions to email@example.com
Deadline: 31st March 2019