The Aga Khan University Innovation Center’s Accelerator Programme 2020
The Aga Khan University Media Innovation Center is accepting applications from storytellers, writers, visual artists, cartoonists, illustrators, data analytics specialists, data scientists, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, coders, programmers and animators who are willing to work as team to create compelling and engaging multimedia projects on important social, environmental, economic issues in the East Africa region.
The new AKU-GSMC Media Innovation Center brings together great innovative minds and media professionals from East Africa who are leading change in their spheres of influence with the aim of supporting, training and incubating their big ideas into economically viable realities.
Aga Khan University Innovation Center’s Accelerator Programme
The top three innovative ideas for the Aga Khan University Media Innovation Center will be presented to a selection panel.
The winning team will join the Innovation Center accelerator program as Innovators-in-Residence for a period of 6-12 months during which they will be provided with resources including mentorship, training, coaching, a start-up grant and partnership, to further develop their idea into a viable and sustainable business of product.
The innovators-in-residence will form an ecosystem of innovators that will work closely with our network coaches and mentors who will work alongside them to facilitate their exploration of new innovative projects.
- Should demonstrate a credible idea in media innovation with a specific focus on the process, product, content and business model.
- Should demonstrate the uniqueness of the idea and its contribution to media viability.
- Must provide a feasible work plan complete with short-term goals, milestones and timelines for the implementation of the innovation project.
- Applicants should be technologically savvy and demonstrate an understanding of how to utilize technology to foster media innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and should be a self-starter with the capacity to identify, prioritize and execute projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a diverse community of innovators and demonstrate the virtues of a team player.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Aga Khan University Innovation Center’s accelerator programme should follow the link below;
Deadline: 3rd September 2019