The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) Cohort 10
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’.
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member State other than their own.
Benefits of African Union Youth Volunteer Corps
The African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of pre-deployment training volunteer deployment for successful candidates.
African Union Youth Volunteers will receive the following benefits & opportunities:
- Unique opportunity to interact with African Union processes and structure
- Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
- A modest monthly stipend
- Health insurance cover
- AU Service Passport
- Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months service
- Training and mentorship opportunities
Applicants for African Union Youth Volunteer Corps have to meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
- Aged between 18 – 35 years;
- Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s, etc.)
- Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
- Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
- Have at least one-year verifiable volunteering experience and one-year professional work experience
How to Apply
Aspiring volunteers who fulfil all requirements should fill out the online application form and upload their CV.
Please visit http://aucareers.org/ to apply and become an African Union Youth Volunteer (AU-YV)
Deadline: 15th July 2019