The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program 2019
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is a 4-month intensive fully sponsored entrepreneurship, leadership and business training that provides early stage social entrepreneurs of between 18 – 29 years with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact in their local communities.
The annual program seeks to identify, inspire and empower 20 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program will run from 30th March 2019 to 27th June 2019 (every Saturday 9.00 am – 1.00 pm) in Nairobi.
The benefits of being part of the Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program program include chances to:
- Develop your entrepreneurial leadership skills
- A hands-on approach to building and growing your social venture
- Access a network of entrepreneurs, mentors and opportunities (including internships, funding and workshops)
- Access funding up to a total of $15,000 USD (zero-equity funding)
- Access free co-working space for 3 months
- Potential exchange program with young entrepreneurs from South Korea
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is looking for self-starters, leaders, change makers who are out to create viable businesses as but create impact in their local community and beyond. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must solve a clear social problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least five paying customers or making revenue of at least $200
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attending weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from March to June 2019
- The applicant can commit to doing weekly assignments/tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
How to Apply
Are you an early stage social entrepreneur looking to unlock your potential and create impact? Follow the link below to apply for the Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program 2019.
Deadline: 8th March 2019