Africa Industrial Internet Programme 2018 for Young Africans
The Africa Industrial Internet Programme, a year-long programme, has been developed to address the demand for a digital-savvy workforce in the increasingly data-ridden industrial organizations. Developed by African Leadership University (ALU) and powered by General Electric (GE), the programme empowers participants to develop the requisite skills for building applications for the Industrial Internet.
The Africa Industrial Internet Programme will achieve this through offering modules in machine learning and big data analytics, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and cloud-based application development to individuals and professionals interested in preparing for the Industrial Internet. The program which begins in January 2018, reemphasizes GE’s position as the world’s premier digital industrial company.
In an increasingly connected industrial ecosystem, a staggering amount of data is being generated every moment. Commonly termed ‘Industrial Internet’, it involves connecting software, industrial applications, and intelligent analytics to businesses, enabling unprecedented gains in productivity and innovation from these massive datasets. Leveraged effectively, this paradigm shift in industrial thinking will allow African companies to leapfrog the competition and establish the continent as an industrial powerhouse. However, this requires a new generation of talent with a strong technical foundation in big-data analytics, machine learning, and web application development, as well as the business acumen to translate technological improvements into business results.
Africa Industrial Internet Programme 2018 Schedule
Africa Industrial Internet Programme 2018 Details
- The AIIP employs a blended learning model to participants with a mix of online learning and periodic 3-5 day in-person intensives to be held at the GE Africa Innovation Centre in Johannesburg. This approach provides flexibility to participants enabling them to learn from industry experts, and at the same time, immediately apply what they learn in the program in their daily jobs.
- The program includes hands-on training on artificial intelligence and machine learning with ALU’s unique entrepreneurial leadership program to prepare professionals for leadership roles entrepreneurial, technology-driven work environments.
- Participants will work with best-in-class technology including GE’s pioneer platform for the Industrial Internet – Predix to build applications that can solve complex problems for industrial companies. Participants will be taught by industry practitioners who bring in years of experience in their fields.
Staggering amounts of data are generated every moment from millions of sensors connected to equipment and devices, especially in asset-rich industries. Unlocking the value of big data will dramatically improve business productivity and make a significant bottom-line impact. Capitalizing on the Industrial Internet, however, requires a new suite of skills – Data Exploration, Machine Learning Methods, Industrial Application Development and more.
- GE is offering a limited number of scholarships covering full tuition to deserving candidates for the Africa Industrial Internet Programme.
- The scholarships will be awarded to the most-deserving candidates on a first-come-first-served basis.
How to Apply
Data is driving the next revolution in the industry, Are you ready for the Industrial Internet? Start Your Journey Here Click Here to Start