Adobe Design Achievement Awards 2018 (For Young Creators Worldwide)
The Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA) is a global digital media competition for student creators. Connected to industry professionals, academic leaders, and top brands, the ADAA is launching the next generation of student careers.
With 14 categories, the ADAA is a competition for creative students of all disciplines.
- Participants must be over the age of 18 and a student enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education. Adobe tools must have contributed to the creation of the entry.
- Each participant may submit 3 unique entries per Category, and regardless of the number of entries entered, each participant is only eligible to win 1 prize in the Contest.
Adobe Design Achievement Awards 14 categories are divided into three segments depending on the purpose of the work
- Project originality and creative excellence.
- Effectiveness in meeting a communication objective.
- Demonstrating skills in applying Adobe products towards these ends.
Entries incorporating new forms of media may be recognized with an “Excellence in New Media” Special Designation. Students working with virtual reality, augmented reality, 360 photography, and other emerging technologies are encouraged to apply in the segment that best describes the purpose of their work, and in the category that best aligns to the final product.
The top five finalists in each Adobe Design Achievement Awards design category (collectively, the “Finalists”) will be announced in August 2018. A Finalist may be either an individual or a group entry. From among the top five Finalists, each category will have one winner (collectively, “Category Winners”). The remaining four category or regional finalists will remain as Finalists.
- Fourteen (14) Category Winners will be selected from the Finalists in each category. Only one Category Winner will be selected from each category, and Category Winners may be either individuals or groups.
- Category Winners who are individual entrants will receive a winner’s certificate and a 12-month Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps membership. Individual Category Winners will receive an invitation to attend the Adobe MAX Conference held in Los Angeles, California, October 15 – 17, 2018; one complimentary general student registration fee of US$299 value; round-trip coach airfare up to US $1,200; and three nights of shared hotel accommodations. Value of complimentary MAX student registration fee, airfare, and the hotel is nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or product.
- Each individual Category Winner will also receive a one-year mentorship with an industry mentor.
- For Category Winners who are group entrants, each team member will receive a 12-month Creative Cloud membership and a winner’s certificate. The group’s designated leader will also receive an invitation to attend the Adobe MAX Conference held in Los Angeles, California, October 15 – 17, 2018; one complimentary general student registration fee of [US$299] value; round-trip coach airfare up to US$1,200; and three nights of shared hotel accommodations. Value of complimentary MAX student registration fee, airfare, and hotel is nontransferable and cannot be added to the value of the cash or redeemed for cash or product.
- Individual Category Winners will receive a 5-5-5 mentorship to be provided either in person or remotely, via telephone, email, or online communication platform. The individual Category Winner will be provided with an industry mentor who specializes in a similar or related creative discipline. The industry mentor will guide the Category Winner through a series of developmental goals intended to enhance the student’s ability for the creative process, project outcome, and portfolio.
How to Apply
Enter your best work today and make your creative career dreams come true.
- Application Procedure
- Create a profile with your Adobe ID
- Upload your work on Behance
- Get connected to the ADAA community
- Sign up for Events + Mentorship
Deadline: 24th April 2018