The Absa Gen A Graduate Programme
As Absa has evolved, so too has the Barclays Rising Eagles Graduate Programme, which is now proudly named the Gen A Graduate Programme.
Absa Group Limited, formerly Barclays Africa Group Limited, and originally Amalgamated Banks of South Africa, is a South African financial services provider, offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
Gen A Graduate Programme
This unique name captures a new generation of A+ achievers; those who are on their A-Game, who are proudly African. Those who are a perfect fit for Absa. Gen A Graduate Programme, a new name for a new group of tomorrow’s leaders.
If you’d like to be part of Gen A Graduate Programme; if you too have the vision of not just building your career, but also building your continent, Absa has a customised programme built for your talent and unique capabilities.
It’s time for a new generation of go-getters with exceptional IQ – and EQ – to collaborate with our continent’s smartest young minds, working with advanced technology, to change the game.
- A structured development journey in the first year of employment
- Permanent employment at Absa from day one, with a competitive package
- Vehicle and home finance at staff rates
- Reduced banking fees
- Exclusive access to WorkInProgress*: our global innovation hub
- Bringing your solutions from the Human Quantum Computer to life
- A dedicated Young Talent Team to support you
- The opportunity to be a part of initiatives affecting real change in Africa
- A strong support network of alumni
- Access to vast networking of opportunities in Africa
- A postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) obtained before January 2020 (with the exception of Computer Science, as these students do not need a postgraduate qualification)
- Less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies)
- You must be a citizen of the country you are applying, or have the necessary permits and documents to prove you’re eligible to work in that country (you will be required to upload these documents with your application)
- Final year students studying towards BCom Accounting Hons, CTA, GDA or equivalent
- Students currently completing studies that will propel them to the managerial level at the end of the year they apply (2019)
- Students in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
How to Apply
- Minimum Requirements – Applications for Gen A Graduate Programme are screened to ensure you meet Absa minimum academic requirements. How you approach and answer the application questions will also play a role in the selection process.
- First Round Interview – As a quick way to get to know you, interviews will be done over the phone or face-to-face on campus.
- Psychometric Assessment – An online assessment will be sent to you to complete.
- Assessment Centre – Depending on the business area you have been shortlisted for, you’ll be invited for further assessments, which may include a variety of group exercises, role-plays, case studies and interviews.
Deadline: 30th June 2019