The 4040 Internship Program 2019 (For Young Volunteers in Uganda)
Applications for the annual 4040 Internship Program are now open. Sign up now and help make a difference in the community.
40 Days Over 40 Smiles Foundation (4040) is a Kampala based independent, youth-led, charity organization committed to helping vulnerable children and communities to access quality, all-round education support and entrepreneurial training aimed at self-sustainability.
The 4040 Internship Program
The 4040 Internship Program is a one year volunteer program. Interns will primarily be involved in the Angaza School Program (facilitating learning sessions with the children); Community Angaza (Implement community education programs for out of school children); setting up children’s Learning Centres; and managing fundraising events. Additionally, to enable personal and professional development, interns will work in different departments of the organisation.
- As an intern, you will receive training in areas of education, community service, leadership and fundraising.
- 4040 will organise master classes and hangouts for interns to support personal and career development.
- Interns will also be assigned mentors on merit.
- Interns will enjoy the wide network of 4040, both during and after the internship.
- Open to anyone with interest in volunteerism, education, community service and leadership
- Third Year University students are especially encouraged to apply
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with volunteer experience
- Must be committed to the program for a year (Please note that although the program runs for a year, it doesn’t require day to day work for the whole duration. Interns will be expected to continue with their other personal and professional commitments)
- Must be available on Fridays and Saturdays – as committed to
- Should be open to working in the field/out of office
- Should be living in or around Kampala
- Should be available for the internship training slated for January 2019
How to Apply
For more information on the internship program, contact Karen Ihimbazwe on +256 781 817062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 7th December, 2018