WeThinkCode 2018 Tuition-Free Coding Academy for Young Africans
WeThinkCode is a revolutionary coding academy in Johannesburg. It is a tuition-free course that is 100% sponsored by companies looking for world-class computer programming skills. It is open to all. To apply, you don’t need matric or any other diploma, you only need the problem-solving mind of a computer.
WeThinkCode is about more than just learning how to write lines of code. They are about learning to solve problems, learning which questions to ask and looking at the world a little bit differently. You will learn valuable skills in our Coding You for Success programme.
With access to cutting-edge technologies, you’ll be coding with world-class students who share the same passion as you. Students learn to access, filter, compare and use relevant data in order to solve problems and have access to campus 7 days a week. In a peer-oriented environment, students also evaluate each other’s work and complete the feedback loop.
- No previous education or coding experience required. If you are between 17 and 35 years old, simply complete WeThinkCode online application to find out if you have the potential to become a world-class software engineer.
- If you pass WeThinkCode online application, we believe you have the potential to become a rock-star software engineer, and you will be invited to attend their 4-week selection Bootcamp. Here you will be assessed on your attitude, resilience and your ability to solve problems.
- Top candidates from the Bootcamp will be selected to join WeThinkCode for a full-time two-year training course, during which you will learn how to use coding as a tool to solve problems in the digital world. Students will work in various different languages, and you will be challenged to learn continuously.
- WeThinkCode students will have the opportunity to complete paid internships with top Corporates, gaining valuable work experience. Upon successful completion of the course, you will furthermore have a job opportunity with one of these Corporate Sponsors.
How to Apply
- Apply Online: Fill out the form on the link below and be kept up to date.
- Aptitude Test: Take WeThinkCode online test to see if you have the potential to be a great programmer.
- Bootcamp: Ace the test and you’ll be invited to join WeThinkCode intense 4-week Bootcamp during which you’ll be challenged to solve programming problems.
- Learn to Code: Now you are ready to start the 2-year course at their campus that will teach you all you need to know to become a world-class software engineer.
No classes, no teachers, and no tuition. You don’t even need matric to apply. You work in groups with your fellow students to solve problems and have full access to campus 7 days a week. There is open access to information from various sources, and you learn how to filter, compare and use relevant data in order to solve problems. Just like the learning process is peer-oriented, students also evaluate each other’s work and help set the problems.
Please follow the link below to signup and create an account on the WeThinkCode platform.
Please note, this article is subject to change.