The 2018 MEST Entrepreneurs in Training Program
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology(MEST) offers graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a Final Pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
The MEST is once again looking for the next cohort of Entrepreneurs-in-Training to join its fully-sponsored 1-year training program! Do you have what it takes?
The year-long training programme provides Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) with MBA-level entrepreneurship training in business, software development and communications. While diving deep into fundamental business and technology concepts, EITs complete 3 Capstones per year – they form teams, come up with an idea, build and validate a product, attain customers and pitch the idea in front of our board.
The year culminates in a final exam in the form of an investor pitch, after which some companies will receive seed funding and enter the MEST Incubator.
MEST is looking for business-oriented applicants who are interested in learning how to start a software company. While it’s not a requirement to have previous coding experience, a strong interest in learning about technology is a must. This MEST Entrepreneurs in Training Program is designed to give you the business and technical skills you’ll need to start a successful company.
Successful applications have the following:
- A deep passion for starting a software company
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- A degree from a top University or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
Benefits of MEST Entrepreneurs in Training Program
- The MEST Entrepreneurs in Training Program is fully funded, including free tuition, room and board, 3 meals per day and a small monthly stipend.
- MEST offers graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
- MEST offers entrepreneurs-in-training the opportunity to be mentored by real-life entrepreneurs, CEO’s and other executives from all over Silicon Valley and Europe via their Guest Lecture Series. These lectures have featured executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, and many more.
How to Apply
Have you got what it takes? If so, Click here to apply now!
Applications are accepted online year-round. Applications for the August intake close in May*, after which they open for the following intake.
Qualified applicants will receive an invitation for a telephone interview with a member of the MEST team.
screening applicants who pass the telephone screening will be invited to sit for a written exam in the nearest test center in their home country.
In-person group and individual interviews take place in South Africa in February; and in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Cote d’Ivoire in May and June each year.
Offers are sent out by end of July each year.
Beginning of training
Training starts in August each year.